Tuesday, April 2, 2013

21 + 6

**very long visual post ahead!

I turned 21 (+6) over the week. Rah! Blessed and lucky are the 2 words which come to my mind. I feel really fortunate to have such a loving partner, caring family and awesome group of friends and colleagues. It was a whole weekend of presents and cake, starting with the PRETTIEST Hello Kitty rainbow cake baked by Nicole!!! Faint die me, was so pretty I couldn't bear to eat it. Thank you everyone for taking time out to spend with me, for all the wishes from all over the world, for all the pretty charms for my Pandora bracelet haha, it's almost full already!!!

OMG SO PRETTY!!! (the cake la not me haha)

The most talented baker of all time, my friend and colleague Nicole Verghese!

My wonderful Nettie, who came up with the cake idea! xoxo

My crazy team at work!

Fab 4!! xoxoxoxo

MAD LOVE MAD PROPS I LOVE RAINBOWS! *SOMERSAULTS*

Thank you again for all the lovely charms. Seriously I thought I'd take like 2 years at least to fill the bracelet up, and I just received a moneybag charm from Ivy today. Blessed or blessed, blessed I say...thank you so much everyone!!!! It really is quite a memorable birthday for me <3>

***

After work, we went to Symmetry (near Arab Street) for dinner. Lucky us got a table, though they said only bar seats were available when we called. Food was lovely, ambience was great. Drinks were a little pricey, but still worth a visit!


***

The next day, on my actual birthday, which is my mummy's birthday as well (!!), Nettie and I took a drive around to get my favorite chicken pies and visited the Boston Seafood Shack at The Star Centre. Then we had a hot sweaty time at Rob's BBQ, with lots of food (as usual), beer, cake (another one!) and laughs!! :) Just the way I wanna spend my birthday!!


***

Saturday was yet another food adventure day, which took us to Changi Village. Heard really good reviews for Chock Full of Beans, so we headed there for weekend brunch. I had a rose latte (with HELLO KITTY latte art!), and I don't know if it's the right word to use, but it was really fragrant and light! I also had the Eggs Atlantic (scrambled instead of poached) and it was really really good. I give it 4.5/5 stars!! It would have gotten 5 if it wasn't so far away, but I guess that's part of its charm.


The gang left to catch a movie, while I went to pick Nettie up at the new house. She just got the keys so she was busy cleaning it while I was out being a glutton haha! Went for some yoghurt and ended the night with Bedok Blk 85 (met the gang there again!) and Ikea!! ^^ Long but fulfilling weekend!! And yes, that was my brithday weekend, phew!!


No comments: